SPOILER-FREE REVIEW: 'IT ENDS WITH US' BY COLLEEN HOOVER

by - August 30, 2016



Title: It ends with us
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster UK
Genres: Romance, Contemporary, YA
Pages: 367
UK Price:  £7.99



Content:








I don't want to write down anything about the content of this book to be honest, because I don't want to spoil anyone in any possible way. The story contains so many surprises and plot-twists that it would be a shame to give something away.


Before I bought/read the book...


...I didn't know anything about the content of that book either. I only took it with me because I thought it was soo pretty (I know... I'm a cover-buyer  -  and I regret nothing!). But let me tell you now, this one is NOT just beautiful from the outside, but also from the inside! 

I have to admit that I didn't like Colleen Hoover's books before (ok, I only read 'Confess', but it was more than disappointing in my opinion and I didn't want to read any of her books ever again). But now I'm SO GLAD I gave her another chance!



But now to the more important things like ...

HOW MUCH I LOVED READING THIS BOOK!


Everything about it was just perfect! 
I'm a person who is very critical when it comes to fictional characters. I think that they kind of 'define' how I feel while reading a book. When I don't like the main characters of a book it is really hard for me to follow the story and (in some cases) I even feel uncomfortable while reading. But that was so not the case with 'Lily Bloom' as the protagonist. I loved to see the world through her eyes, getting to know her feelings and thoughts. She is such a strong character (which is so important for the story) and now even one of my favourite heroines of all time. 
But also all of the other characters are worked out so well. Especially Atlas and Ryle (who are the other 2 main characters), and of course Allysa (I love her so much, she's so loveable and kind!).

What I also loved about the book is that you get to know about Lily's past by the use of diary entries/letters addressed to Ellen DeGeneres - which I think is so lovely and funny.

But the book also deals with a serious subject which follows Lily from her childhood up to her present. I think it is so important to bring up those kind of problems, because it really can help people. Although it's of course a fictional book, people who are in this kind of situation can take Lily as a role model, because she handles the situation so bravely and just in the right way. That's because the author herself has been in this situation, so she speaks from personal experience. 
At the end of the book there's a note from Colleen where she talks about why it was so important to her to write that book and why she made her characters make certain decisions. She also writes about her own (real) story and it was so emotional that I couldn't stop crying while reading it. Really. 

Actually the whole book is just so emotional, I cried so many tears - tears of sadness AND tears of joy! It contains so many beautiful moments! There are great friendships and 2 beautiful lovestories (of which one goes ugly). This book is just the perfect mixture between serious content, drama, joy and love! :) Which is by the way supported by so many beautiful quotes!!!


''There is no such thing as bad people. We're all just people who sometimes do bad things.''

This quote is so important to me, because (especially concerning this story) - it's so true!


Coming to the end of my review I just want to make sure that nobody has any prejudices against that book! :D I'm pretty sure it is not the way you think it is! It is really NO typical lovestory (although it contains a love-triangle), and it is also NOT a 'heavy' book, although it deals with a difficult subject.
It's just a beautiful and sad and funny and emotional and inspiring story everyone should read.

 Oh, and what I also really appreciated is that at the end of the book, there are some web addresses for people who have to deal with the situations the character and also Colleen Hoover got to. I think it's so caring and it might help some people to 'make up their mind' and get help!



Conclusion

As you may have noticed by now - I don't have anything bad to say about this book. It is really one of the best books I read this year (and all the years before) and I had the biggest book-hangover! 
I really enjoyed every single page of the book and I couldn't put it down, because it's such a pageturner!

The characters are so so loveable, and Lily's strength is so inspiring. There is drama, there is friendship, there is sex (omg, almost forgot to mention that!), there is love, and most importantly - there is something to think about. And I'm pretty sure everyone who reads this book will take something of it with them forever.






 IT'S DEFINITELY A 5/5 STAR READ FOR ME!


Oh, and if you read until here I have something important to tell you...


READ THE BOOK !!!!!!!!!!!   :)  ♥


 









 





You May Also Like

0 Kommentare

Rezension zu ''Briefe ohne Unterschrift'' von Susanne Schädlich

Hallo zusammen! Heute rezensiere ich das Buch ''Briefe ohne Unterschrift'' von Susanne Schädlich für euch. Das Buch wurd...